Saturday, February 14, 2009

Penguin’s Valentine Personal – Jackass Penguins Need Not Apply


Roxy, a popular Rockhopper penguin at the London zoo, is actively looking for a mate. She is free, single, and has a MySpace page advertising her qualities. Jackass penguins need not apply.

“I've been living here at London Zoo for over a year after moving from Whipsnade Zoo. I just couldn't hack country life as I'm more of an urban chick and prefer the pace of life in London. I've been lucky with my property acquisitions; there aren't many pads in central London that boast their own pool and lots of outdoor space. Some of the facilities are shared - things can get a bit hectic when all the tenants get together for dinner, but mostly everyone just chills out by the pool minding their own business. Most of the tenants are jackasses - Jackass penguins that is - but there's a couple of young rockhoppers coming up through the ranks. I'm keen to see what else is out there before I commit though - we penguins are faithful souls that mate for life so I don't want to be too hasty.” Roxy posted on her page.

“A male rockhopper with good feathers - must be part of the European breeding programme though.

It would also be great to meet you! You can find me hanging out by the penguin pool at London Zoo every day of the year (except Christmas Day - a gal's got to have a break!)”

Among her favorite heroes are Feathers McGraw, Pingu, Wheezy the Penguin, and Chilly Willy.

You can visit Roxy online and send a Valentine card. She has many human friends and admirers: Roxy's MySpace Page.

No comments: